Saturday, December 8, 2007

It is necessary; therefore, it is possible. Guiseppe Borghese

I literally stumbled upon this quote by using stumbleupon.com. This is their description from their web page:
Channel surf the Internet with the StumbleUpon toolbar to find great websites, videos, photos and more based on your interests. StumbleUpon learns what you like and makes better recommendations.
Connect, Meet and Share
Connect with friends and share your discoveries, meet people that have similar interests, and check out what other people are discovering.

I came across this useful tool while making a post on a friend's blog, and I intend to add the fun, little button to my blog just as soon as I figure out how to accomplish that!
I was cautious at first about entering my information and installing the toolbar on my computer. However, with some thought, I asked myself, "would my friend put this on her blog if she didn't trust it?". I've been enthralled with this search gadget ever since.
It's rather simple, just check off the categories (i.e.: fitness, kids, writing, etc.) that you have interest in. Then you push the "Stumble" button in your newly installed tool bar, which reminds me of pulling the lever on a slot machine. The search engine then pulls up websites, blogs, news articles, basically everything connected with your topic of interest. It would take you 15 years to Google all this information on your own!
There are plenty of tools to tweak your searches, and link people to your website and blogs. Between all the new found websites and information I have found and the technical aspects of this web "stuff", my head is swimming and I'm finding it difficult to shut my brain off at night.
These "web thoughts", combined with my endless day dreaming about new exercises, drills and theme workouts I want to incorporate in my Stroller Strides class leaves me exhausted, but exhilarated by the end of the day! Perhaps, this is my version of the full, mind and body experience...

No comments: